Fall/Winter 2017 Session
For Ages 6-12
Fall/Winter 2017 session OPEN FOR REGISTRATION now! WEDNESDAYS 4:15-5pm. 11/1 to 12/13 (except 11/22; 6 Sessions).
REGISTER ONLINE. Look under “Workshop” for Kids Yoga Fall/Winter Session 2017
- Fee for 6 sessions is $90 (DROP-IN RATE $20 PER CLASS)
- If the child joins within the first two classes of the season, the remaining classes will be pro-rated. Otherwise, drop-in rate applies.
- We understand that there are times when stuff happens and a child has to be absent. However because of the spot teacher and space are booked, there are no refund or discounts for absences.
In our Kids Yoga offering, we make the tools of yoga available to all children. Our classes are rooted in youth development principles and address children’s holistic wellness needs in a joy-filled environment, creating a space of exploration, support, encouragement and of sharing ideas. Each class consists of 5 elements: CONNECT, BREATHE, MOVE, FOCUS and RELAX
Our teacher Salvador has been teaching yoga to children for 9 years, receiving teaching certification from Little Flower Yoga, NYC. He has taught kids yoga at various yoga centers, daycares, schools, universities and businesses throughout New York City. In addition to acknowledging many positive physical benefits of yoga, Salvador reminds the little yogis what they are thinking and feeling are also part of their yoga. He creates an environment where everyone is welcomed and be part of the community, encouraging children to be compassionate towards oneself and one another.
Some of the benefits of our Kids Yoga Pograms are:
1. emotional wellbeing
2. increased flexibility
3. breathing better
4. greater concentration
5. increased strength and stamina
6. improvement of overall health